VPLEX Local brings non-disruptive data mobility to applications and virtual machines across storage arrays within the same data center. Perfect for workload balancing, or relocating due to planned infrastructure maintenance and technology refreshes, VPLEX Local accomplished all this with zero application disruption. This also speeds vMotion and HA across arrays, providing immediate data access, and eliminates the time associated with moving data across arrays.
By providing simultaneous read/write access to the same data across two storage arrays within the same data center, VPLEX Local delivers continuous availability of mission-critical data in the event of an equipment failure.
The EMC VPLEX architecture is built on high availability processor engines that non-disruptively scale with your needs and avoid single points of failure. Adding engines increases resiliency and processing power.
VPLEX Local is available in three versions:
- VPLEX single engine (two directors) supports up to 750 K read/write IOs/sec and 5.8 GB/sec bandwidth
- VPLEX dual engine (four directors) supports up to 1.5 M read/write IOs/sec and 11.6 GB/sec bandwidth
- VPLEX quad engine (eight directors) supports up to 3 M read/write IOs/sec and 23.2 GB/sec bandwidth
- Virtualizes storage and provides simultaneous read/write access to the same data at the same time across two local arrays
- Supports up to 8,000 virtual volumes per VPLEX Local cluster
- VPLEX Unisphere interface with wizard-based 4-step provisioning
- Certified on Vblock, VSPEX and VMware
- SSL security and REST API