Achieve performance, availability and simple management at cloud scale with EMC VMAX 400K, the fastest and largest of our VMAX3 mission-critical storage systems. And now you can use industry’s leading Tier 1 array to extend performance and reliability to data services including mainframe, file, backup, and other services.
Get ready to automate, modernize and consolidate your data center infrastructure. VMAX 400K makes it radically simple to set SLOs for resources inside the array and for external storage you can present through it, including EMC XtremIO. Virtually provision storage. Set the service level objective for any workload in 1 click.
File services are embedded on the array, so it’s easy to converge block, file and mainframe workloads to lower your total cost of ownership. EMC VMAX 400K hybrid storage array delivers simple SLO provisioning and massive consolidation of diverse workloads.
- Extend performance and reliability to Tier 1 workloads and enterprise data services
- Scale up to 8 VMAX3 engines with up to 384 CPU cores
- Expand with up to 2x more front-end ports (256) and up to 80% more drives (5,760) than before
- Reduce costs by consolidating OLTP, mainframe, Big Data, and block/file workloads
- Save space with up to 6x more performance density than previous generation: up to 720 drives per rack
- Add FAST.X to virtualize external arrays behind VMAX3 and take advantage of its advanced data services
- Use optional EMC ProtectPoint software for direct backup to a Data Domain system
- Ensure 99.9999% uptime with always-on availability
- Secure data with optional data at rest encryption